What to do when the brother printer shows an offline message and does not respond on the computer. Printer offline error is a common problem that happens when trying to print something from the computer and it says that the printer is offline.
- Go to the desktop start button and open the control panel, and go to “Hardware and Sound”.
- Search for your printer name, if it is not listed in the list of printers, then click on “Add a Printer” and follow the instructions.
- Once done with installing, Go to the Printers folder on your computer and open your printer driver file. This file is located in :\Windows\System32\DriverStore\Drivers\Printers folder.
How to Fix brother printer offline windows 10
Check the ink levels in cartridge(s). The ink level should be full or close to full, but not empty. If it’s empty or nearly empty, you’ll need to use a new cartridge.
- Make sure that the printer is plugged into a working electrical outlet and turned on.
- If still getting the offline message after making sure that everything is connected correctly and all of the ink cartridges are full.
- Try resetting the printer by unplugging it from the electrical outlet and turning off your computer for at least 20 minutes (but not over 48 hours).
- After this time period, plug back in and turn on the computer again.
Brother printer offline error is the most common problem faced by all the brothers who have a brother printer. The reason behind this problem is that computers and printers work at the same time. So, when printing something from a computer, the printer will print it but. If you print something from Brother Printer then it will show an offline error message on the computer screen.
How to fix brother printer offline issues on windows 11
Uninstall any third party software from the computer before proceeding further. Click on Start menu or Press Windows Key + I key simultaneously and type in ‘Control Panel’ in Search box, open it and click on ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs section, locate Brother Printer and uninstall it using Windows uninstaller, restart computer if asked during uninstallation process.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of Brother printer and from the power outlet. Wait for about five minutes before plugging it back in again.
- Reset your Brother printer by pressing on its reset button for about 30 seconds until a click sound. If this does not work, then unplugging it again will reset it completely.
- Make sure that all cables are securely connected and that nothing is blocking its ports (for example, tape).
Frequently Asked Question
Q: What to do when brother printer connected to Wi-Fi but offline?
Ans: Now, fix brother printer offline error on the computer. Connecting with USB Cable, If printer is connected with USB cable then first of all disconnect printer from the USB port of computer and then connect it again by inserting the USB cable into both devices. Checking for Software Update. Now turn on Brother Printer and check for software update on it by clicking on “Help” option in its menu bar. If there is any software update available then click on “Update Now” button and follow the instructions.
Q: My brother printer offline how to turn online?
Ans: Brother printer offline error is one of the most common problems. This problem occurs when printer is offline and cannot access it from computer. The solution to problem depends on how long it has been offline and whether it was able to connect to the printer drivers. Access the drivers by opening Device Manager (in Windows 10, press Settings > System > Apps & features > Find and click on Device Manager). If find any issue with the drivers, then download new ones from Brother website.
Q: Steps to Fix brother printer offline windows 7?
Ans: USB cable and have connected the printer through USB port, then disconnect it and reconnect it again. If there is no change, then try connecting it through an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi connection as well. Try reinstalling all applications that are installed on computer in case they are conflicting with each other.