The Canon printer keeps going offline on the Mac computer. Hereby, Steps is given on how to fix the error and turn the printer offline to online. First of all, you need to download the Canon printer driver for Mac and install it on your computer by following the instructions given below. After installing drivers, now open the application and click the “Connect” button to connect with your Canon printer. If you are getting error message like “Canon Printer Offline” then try following steps:
- Check whether your printer is connected or not go to System Preferences > Network > Advanced (it will be found in other applications) .
- Select Printer from list > Click “Printers” tab > Click on the name of your printer from list.
- Now click “Allow Printers” button if it asks you to allow printers from specific hosts then click Allow button only if there is no other option available then click Decline button otherwise try following steps again.
- Disable Browser Extensions (Chrome or Firefox) and Restart your Mac.
Why is my canon printer offline on mac?
The problem with Canon printers is that when you try to print from your MAC computer, it will say “Canon Printer Offline on Mac”. This means that the printer cannot be accessed by the Apple computer. The only way for you to fix this problem is by following these steps:
- Open the Canon MP830 Printer Settings in Mac OS X. Click on the “Printers” tab.
- Select your Canon MP830 Printer from the list of connected printers.
- In order to fix this issue, click on the “Advanced” tab, then select “Connected Computer” as the target device.
- Select another target device if necessary such as a USB port or Network adapter.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: What does it mean when the printer is an offline mac?
Ans: First of all, open System Preferences in your Mac and go to the Energy Saver option. Now set it according to your need and click on the Turn Off button. Now open the Finder window and write “Terminal” in the search bar located at the top left corner of the Finder window. Once you write it properly click on Utilities option from the menu bar then type Terminal in the search bar again. Now, click on Install application from disk option from the menu bar and install Canon printer driver from disk which is downloaded earlier by default by Canon printer manufacturer for better performance of your device.
Q: How to get a canon printer online on mac?
Ans: Check if there is any software running in the background that might be causing the issue. For example, some antivirus programs may cause this problem by preventing access to certain files or folders on your computer. You should uninstall such an application before trying to fix the issue again.