When you print a document on your Mac computer, the printer is working fine. But when you want to print it again, it shows an error saying that the printer is offline. Epson Printer is not responding on Mac computer and shows offline error. In such circumstances, Go to the system preferences and click on the printer and scanners.
Check for new ink cartridges and clean them properly:
- If you have a new Epson printer or if your old one has been used for a long time, then there may be some ink stains inside the cartridge. Clean ink stains with warm water and a soft cloth or paper towel so that the head of the cartridge can work properly again.
Clean the print head:
- If your printer does not respond after cleaning the cartridge, then you should also clean the print head of your printer because dust can cause some issues in printing documents on Epson printers. You can take a cotton swab and clean it under running water until there are no more dirt particles left on the head of the cartridge.
Why is my Epson printer offline on mac
This can be caused by several reasons. The following are the most common:
- Printer is turned off.
- Ink cartridge is empty and needs replacing or recharging.
- The Printer is out of paper in the paper tray.
- Printer has been turned on but not successfully connected to a computer.
- There is an issue with the driver for your printer, especially if it was installed on another computer in an office environment and you need to troubleshoot the problem there first before trying to fix it remotely on your Mac computer.
How to Fix Epson Printer Offline Error on Mac
When you are trying to print something on your Epson printer and it does not work. It may be for one of the following reasons. If you have recently updated your Mac. It is possible that the software on your computer has changed. It’s best to check with the manufacturer of your printer. If there have been any updates to the software on your printer or computer.
You can also try restarting both devices to see if that helps. If you’re using a wireless network, make sure that you have an active connection with your printer and that the printer is turned on and connected to your wireless network. If this is not the issue and there are no other issues with connectivity. Try restarting both devices again to see if that helps.
Therefore, If none of these options work, then it’s possible that there is an issue with the cable connecting from your computer to the printer itself. Try re-plugging in cables until one works properly. This could be a USB cable or Ethernet cable depending on what type of connection you have between them.
- Check your printer cable. If you have a USB cable, try connecting it to another computer. If that does not work, then you have a bad USB cable.
- USB cable but the printer is not responding, try using an Ethernet cable instead. This should work even if your printer is connected via USB and you are on a network.
- Check if still having trouble with an Ethernet connection, then try plugging into another computer and see if that works or not.
- Yet all else fails, try replacing your USB port with another one and see if that works or not.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: What to do when Epson printer says offline on my mac?
Ans: Make sure that cables connected to printer. Check them for any damage or dirt before turning off the device completely.
Next, Make sure there are no issues with these cables as well as the power cable for your printer. Because these may also cause issues during normal usage of your device.
Q: Why my Epson printer offline but connected to wifi?
Ans: Choose “Browse my computer for driver software” option from the next window that pops up. Follow the instructions on your screen to finish installing driver software for Brother printer and restart your computer afterward.